Visit the largest and oldest known astrobleme or impact crater on Earth. Come to understand why this unique terrain is a World Heritage Site, for scientific, cultural, historical and ecological reasons – and how it is connected to SA’s gold wealth
- The tour will begin with a short history of Parys Town and its surroundings
- Introduction to the Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site – DVD
- Guided tour with a game viewer to the Dome lookout point.
- Visit to granite quarry where pseudacylite veins will be viewed
- This is a great morning or afternoon outing with fantastic scenery telling an awe-inspiring story of earth, space and the origins of life.
What to Bring
|Duration||1.5 Hours depending on Group Size|
|Start Point||Kopjeskraal Country Lodge|
|Click here to Book Online|